The Museum, like the Garden itself, is a living entity. It needs care, energy and ideas from people like you. The following are just some of the activities you can participate in.
1. CAVT Membership Program
2. Join the Friends of Villa Terrace and Experience the Renaissance for Yourself.
Volunteer activities of the Friends help develop presentations of artistic and historic merit, allow you to work within the Villa’s 16th century style Renaissance Garden, and raise endowment funds for the Villa and Garden through a series of special events. Ensure your place in the hearts of future generations, enjoy the charm and ambiance of this magnificent home and garden setting, and help us in our mission of education and conservation by joining the Friends of Villa Terrace and Renaissance Garden.
Through special fund-raising events and countless volunteer hours, the Friends continue to provide for the maintenance of this breathtaking Milwaukee treasure. We encourage you to join the Friends of Villa Terrace and Renaissance Garden so that you can also share in this unique endeavor.
Benefits To The Members Of The Friends:
- Invitations to FOVT-sponsored concerts, lectures, tours and special events at special member prices.
- All the pleasures of gardening on a level that few of us could realize on our own: expert guidance, hundreds of eager hands and the camaraderie of shaping Milwaukee's most magnificent garden.
- Satisfaction of knowing that you support one of Milwaukee’s finest cultural treasures.
Memberships are $40 annually, in addition to your membership in the Charles Allis/Villa Terrace Museums.
The Friends of Villa Terrace is a 501(c) (3) organization, all contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
3. Hospitality and Museums Assistance
The kitchen, pantry and preparation areas of the house are themselves uniquely interesting. You can volunteer to assist with collections and be of service at social events hosted by the Villa. Click here with your interest.
4. Café Sopra Mare
Every Sunday from June through September, the Villa hosts live musicians in its Mercury Courtyard, while neighbors, friends and passersby enjoy lattes, tea and pastries. You can help create an atmosphere of European outdoor cafes. Click here with your interest.
Experts and those who would like to become experts can help lead tours through the house, gardens and collection of the Villa. Click here with your interest.